- Min spend required of ZAR12 million
- Rebate calculated at 20% of QSAPE (Qualifying South African Production Expenditure)
- Min 50% of principal photography & a min of 4 weeks must be filmed in South Africa (this may be waived at the discretion of the Adjudication Committee)
South African Film and Television Production and Co-Production Incentive
- Min budget required of ZAR2.5 million
- Rebate calculated at 35% of the first ZAR6 million of QSAPE and 25% of the balance
- At least 50% of principal photography and a min of 2 weeks must be filmed in South Africa
- Minimum post-production expenditure of ZAR1.5 million
- Rebate level of 22.5% for Post-production expenditure of ZARR1,5 million – ZAR3 million.
- Rebate level of 25% for Post-production expenditure above ZAR3 million.
There is no cap limit on any of these rebates. For more detailed information, please email Patrick Walton on email@example.com